Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Broken Bond

Irina
03-12-2008
Period 3/4
I was under a lot of pressure. My parents were forcing me to stay away from Soda, saying he wasn’t worth it. They were saying that he was a hood and wasn’t right for a girl like me. Hoods weren’t what my family wanted to be associated with or wanted me to be associated with. Hoods were thought to be lower than us. I wanted to stay with Soda because of the position I was in. You see, I was having a baby; I was pregnant, and it might have been Soda’s. On the other hand, it might have been someone else’s, but I don’t want Soda to know that I was sneaking around with another guy, cheating on him. I would have married Soda if I got the chance, I loved him, but I guess he didn’t love me enough and wasn’t ready to ask me to marry him. I could understand why. We were too young, but even though we were in love, but we still needed to learn how to live our lives and how to take responsibility for ourselves.
My choices were either stay and never make contact with Soda or go live with my grandparents in Florida. Of course, I had to go to Florida because I could never live with having to avoid Soda’s dreamy eyes and his dazzling smile and his greasy, slick movie star hair without talking to him. I had to let him go and forget all the wonderful times we had and could have had.
When I had just arrived in Florida, I wrote a letter in secrecy trying to explain what happened.

Dear Soda,
My one true love, I have terrible news for you. I am now in Florida living with my grandparents because I was forbidden to continue seeing you, so I couldn’t bear to know you were near, but have to avoid you and break your heart by not being able to say hi to you. I chose the path my parents were slowly luring me into taking. I will probably never be able to see you again, but I just wanted you to know that it wasn’t your fault. I have to tell you something else though…. I am pregnant, but I don’t know whose it is. Now I know you might be asking who else the baby’s father could be other than you. I betrayed you by sneaking around with other guys, two to be exact. Their names are Labron and Damien. I know this is very disappointing to hear, but I wasn’t aware of how badly it would have hurt you, but I am sorry.
All My Forbidden Love,
Sandy Crenshaw
I was sickened by how my dear Soda would feel. I was disappointed that I had to end it this way, but maybe he understood because he was a nice, sweet guy whom I loved. The next week someone had called me in the middle of the night.
“Hello?” I asked pondering who it could possibly be.
“Hello? I-h-h-s S-S-Sandy there I-I-I gotta talk to her.” Soda cried.
“This is she, and who might this be?” I politely answered.
“It’s Soda, Sandy, and I want you to tell me how you could do that to me especially with all the worry about having the possibility of being separated from my brothers and going into a boy’s home.” Soda said crying for my explanation.
“Well I’m sorry, Soda, but I thought you weren’t ready to go to the next level so I left, but then Pony called me and told me how sad you were without me. Then I felt really bad for what I had done, so I ended my flings with the other boys.” I clarified.
“Well, I guess that makes sense, but I still really miss you, Sandy.” Soda agreed.
“So do I, Soda, but I just wish I could come back, but it’s impossible now…” I regretfully confirmed.
“Why not you could run away and we could be together again; forever.” Soda suggested.
“But I can’t, how would I? I don’t have the wits or the dough to do it. I’m sorry it has to be like this.” I sobbed.
“I could give you the money and you’re the smartest gal I know. I’ve got the hots for you Sandy and it’s not possible for me to forget you.” He offered.
“That really means a lot to me Soda, it really does, but I can’t, I couldn’t do that to you at your time of need. I would be betraying my family.” I tried to explain with tears starting to fall down my freckled cheeks.
“So it’s ok to betray me, but not your family?” He asked.
“No! You don’t understand it’s different. I love you, but you could move on with out me, but I could never live without my family. “I’m sorry it had to end this way Soda… I love you.” I sighed.
“If you really loved me you would come back for me.” He called to me.
“I’m really sorry Soda. “Look Soda I gotta go, maybe I’ll talk to you later. I love you.” I lied because I could never talk to him again. It would be too hard on me.
“Huhhhhhhh…. Well I guess this is goodbye then Sandy. I love you too. Goodbye…” He sighed.
“Goodbye.” I said as my last words to Soda, forever.
That night really made me remember all the wonderful interactions we had with each other, and the love that we shared. That was when I finally realized that all those memories were done, and I would never see Soda again.

6 comments:

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

I think this is a really good interperetation of a part of the book we don't get to see

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

I think it's really hard to do this from Sandy's point of view, considering we don't know much about her. It seems like you created the character and you did a good job of getting into her head. The letter you added was great.
-Becky

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

I think that this story is well crafted and is a great interpretation of what we don't get to see as well. Dalton

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

I think that you did a really good job on writing fom Sandy's point of view even though we only hear her name once in one sentence.-Dan

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

i think that you did an amazing job describing her tough positons, and the love she had for soda...great job!!!

Meredith

Boof said...

this is a very good perspective of sandy sayng that we don't know a lot about sandy.
Taylor Quinn