Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Newsman

As soon as I saw the two boys running from the park, one with a bloody knife, I knew I had just found the story of the century…
They were running to a place that they knew well, or seemed to. Then, they started to talk to a teenager at the door and, a moment later, they were inside. A few hours later, they ran outside and I ended up following them to the train tracks. They snuck on board without paying the fare, and the train left before I could follow them, so I ran to my car and continued their pursuit.
The train eventually stopped at a scenic town, and the two jumped off. Instead of following them immediately, I decided to have breakfast. After that, I lost their trail. But, after a few days, when I saw the smoke coming from an old, secluded church, I knew that they were there.
Unfortunately, by the time I got there, an ambulance had carried off one of them, and the other was in another ambulance accompanied by, it seemed, a schoolteacher. I just had to get this news. I saw a woman standing around some schoolchildren, so I asked her for her view on the incident.
“It seemed like the perfect day for my assistant and I to hold a school picnic. A scenic countryside, filled with rolling hills and lustrous mountains, also with a rustic church on its peak. So, we decided to eat there. This moment seemed heavenly. Heavenly, that is, until I saw the smoke. ” The woman said.

“The smoke seemed to be rising from the abandoned church, so I immediately took roll. I found that everybody was here except for Kyle, James, Kirkland, and Brett. At that precise moment, a car, driven by a cold looking teen (I later found out that he was Dally), and two others (I also found out that they were Johnny and Ponyboy), drove up. Ponyboy and Johnny jumped out of the car and ran towards me, seemingly against Dally’s will.”

“I told them the situation that I was in, and that I couldn’t fit into the church, and Ponyboy, accompanied by Johnny, RAN INSIDE! I tried to follow them, but, as I said before, I couldn’t fit inside. Then, all of a sudden, Kyle and James flew out of the church window, closely followed by Kirkland and Brett! But, Ponyboy and Johnny were still inside the church while it was starting to fall! Ponyboy came out of the church with his coat on fire, and Dally put out the fire on Pony’s coat. Then, just like the hero he is, he ran back inside to get Johnny. A few moments after that I heard a HUGE ‘CRASH!’ and smoke enveloped the church, blocking my view. When the haze cleared, I saw Dally dragging Johnny out from the church, but something was wrong. Johnny wasn’t moving! During that commotion, I guess an ambulance pulled up, because they picked up Johnny and Ponyboy and placed them into the vehicle. My assistant decided to tag along with Ponyboy, while Dally was in a separate ambulance with Johnny, to ask him a few questions. As it turned out, he was actually a greaser, not a brave Soc that I thought he was. And get this; he is actually the accomplice of Johnny in the murder of a Soc! There’s no way that that could’ve happened! They are heroes and deserved to be treated as such!”
“Okay ma’am. Thank you for your time” I replied.
“You’re welcome.” the teacher replied.
Then we both turned around, and we never saw each other again…

5 comments:

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

You can defintiely tell the teacher is flustered from her description. The idea of a reporter telling the story is very creative. Nice story! (P.S. Who's story is this?)
~Julia

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

I like the outside perspective. The way you described the chase was good.-Bryan

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

ok whoever this is......... good story. i like that there was a view shoen from a bystander that didn't know their history, so she didn't judge them.

Meredith

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

this is sean's story hint hint-SY

Mrs. Scharf's 3/4 LA said...

very very nice flow to your story
-wesley